What is Erectile Dysfunction (ED) or impotence?
Erectile dysfunction is an inability to get or maintain an erection firm enough for a satisfactory sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction is a common problem in men with diabetes mellitus. This is a problem caused by poor blood sugar control over a long-time resulting in damages to nerves and blood vessels in the penis. This results in impaired blood flow to the penis which is one of most common causes of Erectile Dysfunction
About 35% to 75% of men with diabetes mellitus will experience at least some degree of erectile dysfunction or impotence during their lifetime. Diabetic patients develop erectile dysfunction 10 to 15 years earlier than non diabetic men. Age related diabetes and resulting erectile dysfunction is very common. Above the age of 50 years it is more likely to have difficulty with an erection. It occurs approximately in 50% to 60% of men with diabetes mellitus. Above the age of 70 there is about a 95% chances of having some difficulty with erectile dysfunction.
Dr. Promodu’s Institute of Sexual & Marital Health Pvt. Ltd.
We’re committed to helping our patients to enjoy a happy and healthy lifestyle. We treat all sexual dysfunctions and problems. We got an expert and effective team to evaluate erectile dysfunction.
Our team of doctors at Dr. Promodu’s Institute of Sexual & Marital Health Pvt. Ltd includes the following specialists and senior consultants.
- Clinical Psychologist & Sex Therapist
- Clinical Psychologist & Marital Therapist
- Diabetologist & General Physician
- Urologist & Andrologist
- General & Laparoscopic Surgeon
We treat the following Sexual Problems
- Erectile dysfunction
- Premature Ejaculation
- Loss of sexual desire / lack of sexual desire
- Delayed ejaculation / retarded ejaculation / male orgasmic dysfunction
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Sexual aversion disorder
- Fear to engage in sexual intercourse / Fear of sexual activity / fear of sex/ fear to engage in coitus / Avoiding sex due to fear /
- Difficulty to engage in sexual contact / Difficulty to engage in sexual intercourse
- Unconsummated marriage